Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5] [Announce] FFmpeg 2.5.4 + 2.6.3
View Single Post
Finally got round to this. FFmpeg 2.5.4 for both stock and thumb variants. I've tested the ffmpeg binary using cuteTube and get_iplayer and it seems to be ok. I've also been using it to play the new BBC hls streams for radio and tv via command line. The radio playback works fine but tv is still stuttering a bit.

This does not include gstreamer-ffmpeg/av updates, so AFAIK this will not allow hls support in Media Player/OMP. I did take a look at the source but they are quite particular about the version of ffmpeg/libav they use, so they ship with the source included with them. I've tried bypassing it with a configure flag to use system version but it bailed out almost straight away. Upgrading to newest git snapshot, from 2013, would also require an update to gstreamer itself. There is a slightly newer version that I could build but it's probably not worth it.

With regards to the development headers, I'm still not 100% sure on the best way to go ahead. For now I've named the packages based on the version of the library, eg. libavcodec56-dev, so that if I do push to the repos it won't push the old headers out.

As a bonus, there's a copy of corsixth-0.40 built to use the newer versions. The old movie enabled version was using 2.5.1 statically linked. There is also instructions for the new radio links.

Source is configured to build non-thumb at the moment. To build for thumb, uncomment --enable-thumb.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/juvlmws5r...RmLtRgCwa?dl=0

Edit:

This release will detect thumb if in Debian build options and add the param automatically. Not tested as fully as previous release as I'm out but console app appears to be ok.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zo0x6k5uf...PjUu4WB2a?dl=0

Last edited by Android_808; 2015-05-17 at 20:26. Reason: New release

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: