View Single Post
As the Nokia 770 doesn't support printing, I want to propose an idea I just thought of: Fax across Internet to a fax # we provide.

Everyone's discussing why we may never see printing from the 770 due to not knowing what 'standard' to use. The Fax protocol is a true standard, and it supports the idea of mobile computing better than anything. Faxes are everywhere, and their delivery method is primarily still phone. With a 770 connected to the Internet, you could stand next to a fax you need to use and hit print. A dialogue box pops up requesting the phone number. Type it in, hit send, it connects to a web-based service that routes the call via Internet to land line, and calls the fax, which subsequently prints your document. You can also select Draft,Fine,or Superfine as quality setting.

I hope there is a smart guy or gal who, upon reading this suggestion, cannot contain their affection and just has to start coding this thing into reality. If so, I would be very excited right along with you.