View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Just trying out the new version, all the dialogs seem to work as they should.

Might be nice to suggest some locations for data with the ability to select somewhere arbitrary as well - most people probably won't care what the folder is called... you could suggest ~/OSMServer or sdcard/OSMServer and create the chosen folder too, which would prevent the user having to leave the app and come back.
Great idea, I opened an issue at github regarding it and would implement it when I get there

I also got the connection closed error downloading the map data for Great Britain (on Fairphone 2, if that matters). I'll try again whilst charging and see if that helps.
OK, it looks that I need to make a more robust downloader. I think I have an idea on how to do it, it may just take some time. Let me know if your next tries worked and if the charger helped.

Issues to address it have been opened as well.

Also, in the download counter what do the D and W in brackets stand for?
When I was implementing it, I was wondering if someone would ask.

The downloads are organized as follows: you download bz2 archive (the expected remaining part is shown as (D) in MBs) and write it to the disk unpacked (shown as W).

@seiichiro0185: I am glad it worked in other place. I'll work on implementation to make it possible to download it at your home as well.

Last edited by rinigus; 2017-03-06 at 10:30.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: