View Single Post
First of all I have to admit that for the past few months I did not really think MM would live up (for me) to the hype it generated in other parts of ITT (and other sites) -- mainly because no maps cover the area where I live in any detail. Plus, I don't have a bluetooth GPS. However, yesterday I downloaded it and spent more time playing with MM than I should have (I am currently during my "exam season" at University )
In any case, I have two small quibbles:
- Most of the time, when I fire up the "Manage Map Repositories" dialog, I find that my list of repositories has been doubled (e.g.: Rep A, Rep B -> Rep A, Rep B, Rep A, Rep B). This behaviour is consistent and seems to happen every time except for the first time I fire up this dialog in a MM session. If I click cancel, the doubled list is not saved.
- Google satellite repository stopped working about 5 minutes ago What is happening is that it either leves a black space or uses the Google street JPEG's. Yes, the maps are downloaded in different directories This happened after I played around with the repository settings ("Download Zoom Steps" and "View Zoom Steps") a bit. MM does not complain about the maps not downloading or anything. Weird.
- I will be going abroad in a few weeks and would like to make decent use of MM. Is there an easy way of downloading all the JPEG's, at particular zoom levels, for an entire selected area? Or do I have to stay going around the whole area at every zoom level?

Thanks for any replies!