View Single Post
Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
Not without making modifications to Maemo Mapper. I investigated ViaMichelin's website, and its PNG files are accessed using complex, encoded URLs that look something like this.........P.S. kempja: would you mind removing the "script" code from your post, or at least break it up into smaller lines? It causes the page to render poorly in most browsers.
Have cleared it up; is that any better?

Thanks for the tip about Firefox; I am now using it to investigate another new map server over France, serving IGN Maps.

I have just about finished the cmd scripts that read the xml file from MapCruncher, available herehttp://research.microsoft.com/mapcruncher/, even for big (50 x 50 km), overcoming a max xml file size of ~100 lines - it extends the quadtree to the max zoom level crunched. I just need to join the scripts together and write some instructions. The results are as almost as accurate as the VE tiles on which they were 'pinned' ~ +/- 5m at 1:25k, showing no discernible stretch to go form UTM to VE's TM projection (although I can reproject using another programme - it's just a pain)

I will make this available after the w/e, if anyone is interested.