View Single Post
Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
I have a worse problem. I have to intentionally mis-calibrate the touchscreen because the upper right is off. Worse, it isn't linear.

Toward the middle (vertically, center to right side) of the screen the hotspot is about 3/16" above where I'm tapping when the four corners are right.

The calibration appears to be linear which means it can't be fixed by normal calibration values

I've had the tablet for a while and there are a few tiny but deep scratches in the area.

The way I test is to use the browser on a page without links - tap-hold brings up the spinning circle around where it thinks I'm tapping.
Your description matches the problem I am having.
The calibration tool seems to make the problem worse sometimes
and better sometimes, but your description of it being linear
is dead on.

I have a problem where it makes one side of the 4 points(ie 1 and 4 on the left) need
to be clicked to the outside of the crosshairs. Like a few MM over to the outside.
I had posted a question about this a week or so ago and no one replied, but since this thread
is on page 2, is there anyone with direct knowledge of the calibration tool or how the
touchscreen hardware works? This is too the point where I can't scroll on web pages in the browser,
or if I try to close programs with the 'X' I always hit the minimize icon.

The Following User Says Thank You to bleek For This Useful Post: