View Single Post
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
ETA: Appears the D4 has good sunlight visibility, but not sure how it compares with N900: "Yes. The "blurring during vertical scroll" is a reported "feature" of the D4's pentile display. There was much griping in this forum early in the D4's release history about that. It seems that we've mostly gotten used to it, although it still bugs me a bit when I notice it. OTOH, I believe the pentile display is better in sunlight (for instance, compared to the Samsung Stratosphere, since you mention it... my wife's using one of those, and I can use my D4 outdoors in lighting that completely washer her display out.) "
I bought a D4 and used it for about a week before returning it. A good portion of that week I was traveling and outdoors in bright sunlight, and my recollection is that the screen was easy to read, and seemed brighter than my N900 (this might not be a fair comparison since my N900 has a screen protector on it that seems to cause a bit of reflection in bright conditions). The D4 also had the best hardware keyboard that I've ever used. From a hardware point of view, I think my only complaint was with the non-removable battery. Would love a device like that running something better than Android.

The Following User Says Thank You to dylanemcgregor For This Useful Post: