View Single Post
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
OK, before we go into that, a few questions:

- Do you have any user experience with Linux? Or at least know how Linux file systems are organized?
- Do you have Xterm and a means to become root installed?
- Do you know what Midnight Commander is? Or do you know how to work with vim, Joe or Nano?

(I'm not trying to be pedantic, but certain procedures are definitely hacky in nature and those who say "Duh?" at the previous questions, are best to leave them alone)
one of the reasons I got a 770 was to get into linux a little. I'm now into my second month of 800 and still haven't. Things like this little hack make me realise I have to now..... other things I've been party to as online communities for various audio recording things have always at some point had a site that gave a real "start from scratch" tutorial for newbies - is there any such thing around that anyone could point me to (and the many new users of this forum that have obviously just come into contact with the devices)? I don't want a full-on university course, just somewhere that with a little input will allow me to answer "yes" to Karel's questions.