View Single Post
I love my N800 and use it daily as well. I am a device geek and search at least weekly for the latest and greatest. Until I can find a device in the N800 form factor with a 2GB processor and 2GB of RAM, it's still the best thing going. I've got Open Office (thanks Qole!) a bluetooth keyboard paired, just paired a mouse (thanks Jolouis!), and all the other radio and mplayer functions that others have mentioned. Maemo mapper is fantastic, and thanks to the community I can update my repository links anytime Google might change them. Love OM Weather too. I've moved my boot to an SDHC card, and now have no problems with memory or storage. The only negatives are not on the N800 side - I can no longer bluetooth my blackberry for a cellular network connection (thanks Sprint - and if anyone knows a way around that please let me know), and I ran into a .pdf DRM issue with some materials I needed for a class (no Linux support at all). The N900 is already obsolete, and for me offered nothing except 200mhz more processing power - which doesn't get you much. I welcome any enhancements that allow me to make the most out of the 400mhz that I do have. I'll use my N800 as a near laptop replacement until I can get an N800 with more power!