View Single Post
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Here is my opinion...

This is an outstanding project. If there will be a ready device in the end, it would be priceless with the current market situation.

From the beginning it was for me clear that it will take much longer than advertised first and I will not see the invested money again. Especially with this few manpower. Maybe it will fail we don't know yet. The chance to fail was also from the beginning very high.
People who think different are same optimistic like the people who started the project.

This is a community project when complaining about time than you should help to make things faster. But don't forget time and knowledge means also money. Only few people helped with time and knowledge and the rest... ?

When you complaining about specifications then you don't know for what this project is and you don't know the amount of people and there possibilities behind this.

Definitely some mistakes were made in this project. Every company would be dead by now. But you should not think like a salesman with such a project.

And we have somebody who is fighting for our dreams with the cost of his health.
Please keep this in mind and be respectful.
How much is a salary of a developer engineer or similar per year?
In comparison to health nothing. And somebody give both for nearly free as far as I know.

However try to make such a project on your own.
My invested money in this project and the time which passed already does not hurt me so much. I would give every weekend a beer to Jörg for his work. And by now it would be much more money.

I wish good luck to this project, I see it as a starting for something next which more people would like to have in the future.

Hopefully the old supporters will get some special deal when it comes to kickstarter.

Kickstarter could also give some new options we will see. But I guess not many people want to resign of something what there have right now to get more freedom. Especially if it cost money in addition.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post: