View Single Post
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
@cairn

I completely agree. Until wireless power is fast and ubiquitous, there should be more traditional methods. Charging through the micro-USB would be great, and likely free up some internal room -- valuable room that could be used for an infrared LED!!

In fact, while you're at it, a simple micro-USB to headphone adapter would also be nice to get rid of the headphone jack -- but ONLY under the condition that it supports HiFi output through the adapter. A major benefit here, is it can be engineered to easily physically disconnect if it is forced/pulled too hard. This is a big deal for me as I've had MANY 3.5" wear over time from heavy use, that are not easily fixed. Having to live with mono out of a stereo port isn't fun and I imagine would be less fun after spending $500+ on a device.

The obvious con to this scenario, is only having one wire connected at a given time. Of course, with two micro-USBs, you get increased functionality while maintaining multiple connections.

So it's settled: inductive charging and 2 micro SDs [*edit* USB's] (charging, mic, etc).

}:^)~
YARR!!

Capt'n Corrupt | tpurroC n'tpaC

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2007-10-26 at 23:51.