View Single Post
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Flint MI
Ok, I'm a newbie. I have had my 770 for 5 days. I only know about Linux from a $2.00 CD I got 15 years ago. I have loaded Ubuntu as a second boot on my XP box. I have downloaded all of the various flashers related to the 770. I started with the base flasher to issue the --enable-usb-host command. It works up until the terminal says no suitable USB available, waiting. I plug in the power supply the Nokia splash screen comes up with the USB logo in the corner and nothing. If I monkey around with the power switch it will often boot the 770 and activate some kind of media loading software. So I know the USB is working. Besides I use a USB mouse and keyboard. What am I doing wrong?

AS for the multi boot. When I execute: apt-get install e2fsprogs
I get a bunch of PreDepends errors. e2fslibs, libblkidl, libcomerr2, libss2, libuuidl. I believe this is probably because I have a catalog missing or not entered properly.

Can someone help give me step by step instructions the flasher or where to get them? I have searched but all of the instructions give you the command line and then say to flash it, but now how. And explain what I need to do to fix the errors in my apt-get?

Thanks in advance,
santa_matt