View Single Post
Posts: 110 | Thanked: 215 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Earth, 38.830000, -77.00000
I'm on my third N810 (repaired two times already from nokia) and I've had this problem on all three. I'm hesitant to send it back again so I'm just waiting on the next tablet now . As for now, I've pinned the problem down to the ribbon cable that attaches the sliding panel to the main body, some defect in it causes any disturbance at all to manipulate the screen functions. I was able to fix it by going into the tablet and moving the cable around but as soon as I put it back together, within a few hours, the calibration was back to where it was before.... offset a half centimeter on the left. So as for now, I've built a touchscreen calibration tool that allows me to click right on the targets (5 targets, one in the center) and will not reject my clicks even if the hardware says it is off.

This works perfectly so far... until the ribbon cable shifts again.

I'll see if I can fix up the calibration tool so you don't have to rboot to have it take effect and post it up sometime.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Firebird8 For This Useful Post: