View Single Post
I've been using Pierogi ever since I got my N900 about 4 years ago. It's great to have a whole bunch of remotes in my pocket. I was using my HP48G to be my remote control before the N900, alas, I don't have my HP48G anymore....

Recently I've been getting some equipment with missing remotes. Unfortunately I can't seem to find keysets that work completely, so I ended up buying the actual or a work-alike remote.

The questions I have -
1. It looks like all the remotes are hardcoded into the binary, so it's not really possible to move buttons around or to make a keyset that has all the functions of a particular device on the same keyset that's currently on two keysets?

2. I ended up using irrecord on a full Linux box to record remotes that I can't seem to find on Pierogi. Is it possible to get these added? I need to test these lircd.conf files to make sure they work with the device, and I probably should submit them to the lircd project as well...

I just recorded:
Funai VCR (Sylvania?)
Funai DVD player (Symphonic)
Broksonic (CRT) TV

I recently also got a SV2000 DVD recorder/VCR combo. The two Funai remotes above appears to just about be able to control all the functions of the combo - having just one but not the other I'm missing half the features of the SV2000... The irrecord output looks a little weird and not sure if they actually can be combined into one file - which is weird as both remotes can power the device, yet the file looks very different for the representation for the power button... strange.

The Following User Says Thank You to eccerr0r For This Useful Post: