View Single Post
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post

Finally some thoughts...
  1. Minimizing the application with screen.minimize() didn't work for me, I had to resort to using dbus 'exit-app-view'
  2. PageStackWindow crashes on device with
    Code:
    X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
      Major opcode: 42 (X_SetInputFocus)
     Resource id:  0x6200002
  3. We need all the icons in the status area, maybe using the pixmap from gtk as freemangordon suggested is the way to go. Other ideas?
  4. Or is it possible to use the system status bar and have qt menus bound into qml or some other such contraption? I know qml is supposed to be fullscreen and implement everything from scratch, but getting the icons might be harder than this.
  5. Maybe the Status Bar could be exposed so that it can be used in more creative ways. In my implementation I copied the code and modified it so that it can be used standalone, outside a pageStack, you may want to have a look at it
Minimizing is done via the platformWindow context. I moved it from HildonScreenPlugin (which now just provides the screen dimensions and orientation) to HildonWindowPlugin. It seems I forgot to change the method call in MinimizeButton.qml. I've corrected it now.

I haven't tested on-device for a while, so I'm not sure about the crashing. It worked last time I tested, but there have been some code changes since then.

I think using the GTK pixmaps requires creating a widget instance. Whilst it is possible to render QWidgets in a QGraphicsScene, it's not recommended (according to the documentation), so it may be better to avoid that solution.

As far as the statusbar info is concerned, this can be obtained using QSystemInfo (HildonSystemPlugin currently uses it for battery, profile and network status), but I've had problems with this in Qt4.7.0, so lower-level alternatives may need to be considered. The icons are missing because I haven't finished the implementation on the QML side. The main thing missing from the status bar is the ability to raise the Hildon status menu. I wonder if a DBus method can be added to hildon-status-menu.

I couldn't see any difference in your StatusBar.qml. What use case do you have in mind?

EDIT: Text selection via mouse drag is now fixed. Just needed to set selectByMouse to true.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2013-01-20 at 23:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post: