View Single Post
Thanks for the response guys, it's nice not to be alone in this ridiculousness!

Originally Posted by Tiboric View Post
(need the tinternet)
I need it too. Still trying to figure out how to start it.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
I see... Time, Bluetooth, battery do work, but Internet Connection doesn't...
That's right. That's a big problem for me, so I'm back to hildon/matchbox until I can figure it out.

> bringing up the dialing pad is difficult.
Try Qt Dialing Pad?
http://maemo.org/packages/view/qtmobiledemo-hyperui/
Trying that now. Also trying some of the wifi-switchers.

> dbus
The same with me, with default matchbox window manager. It's normal.
Odd, but I get the same here. Thought I might have messed something up. I still get errors when trying to bring up the internet with dbus-send in the terminal either way.

I was thinking about trying to write a little python script to do this, but haven't gotten around to it yet. If I really can't figure it out over this weekend, maybe I need a new forum thread. I'll also try asking around on irc. I'm having a hard time navigating all of these sub-forums. I think there might be a developer thread somewhere, but can't find it.

I really want to figure this out, fill in all the gaps and post it to the wiki. It would also be nice to have a boot option to decide which window manager/desktop environment to use. Thinking about GDM, XDM, KDM here.

Originally Posted by soeiro View Post
I find that 256MB of ram is a little on the low side for a desktop. do you think a blackbox-based setup would give us more free memmory? (mabye also disabling some background tasks, like the browser daemon?)
I save maybe 30-40 MB just by disabling hildon-desktop on startup. Your mileage may vary. It all ends up getting eaten up anyway once I start opening a lot of apps, and then I can't get out of swap without rebooting, but 30-40 MB helps a little.

Last edited by radiochickenwax; 2010-07-09 at 19:37.