View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
...However the topic as I understand it was replacing the smileys with custom ones. The ... people still forget the IMO crucial bit. All of this will only affect you. I would think that custom smileys only make sense if both parties of the conversation see the same thing. Otherwise you may see a kiss where the other party will see only some strange punctuation. No trick will help you with that.
Well. There is a Fremantle closed package "rtcom-skype-emoticons-theme". Replacing it with a CSSU open package would give the same smileys to all Skype-N900 users. Of course, you would still have to maintain some compatibility with desktop Skype syntax. But, I hope that maintaining the same smileys syntax will not count as using Skype's closed code. And the only problem with images is choosing the most community-suitable style-consistent 24px&48px sized smileys. Personally, what smileys would you prefer to see in N900 Skype? Chatzilla's? Or what another source would you recommend?
Best wishes.