View Single Post
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Sorry guys, and here I am upgrading my pinephone system board to the 3gb/32gb board. I have to say pine64 actually makes the hardware available and if you ask a few months later reasonable requests appear in the sore, they seem to get "take my money!!" when it comes to cool geek from stuff like the RISC V smart soldering iron or even just the pinepower USB C wall-wart.
Once the software is better I will probably replace my pebble with a pinewatch too. If I could get a working prototype they would probably mass produce a pogo-port I2C POCSAG pager receiver too
The software is coming along for Debian and I think once they get more of the phone specific stuff like sharing, tethering, and optimizing important apps and I will be ready to let my N900 go to a kid. I think the easy thing about Liberm is you can if you want go LineageOS and have fully developed core OS as well as a FOSS opp store with fdroid which over the years has really filled up.
At the end of the day though you dont have the pogo port which is finally getting attention; I am getting a few pogo-port connectors so I can take a crack at adding stuff like NFC maybe an e-ink reader though I really want the keyboard cover to be available.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: