View Single Post
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Weelly?

I have a similar problem. Two people, let's call them A and B, both from the same foreign country X, can send me texts without a problem. But... A never receives my texts, B always does. In both cases, my credit is deducted. A and B are with different providers in country X and I can confirm that other people with the same provider as A are affected the same way. I do not know anyone else with the same provider as B so cannot experiment there.

But here is the funny bit. When I am roaming, the situation is reversed. A always receives my texts, B never does. Go figure.
Slipping to OT, but here goes... Over the years I've learned by a few communication mishaps that you can't really trust international SMSs. After a couple of service requests addressed to my SP to fix this (as much as they could) they claimed it to be all about the different providers' (international) agreements/contracts/partnering among themselves. These may suddenly(?) change and lead to a situation similar to mine where first everything was fine both ways and sometime later messages in one direction would (almost) always get lost along the way. I don't know how accurate or truthful answer this was but they also (kindly) asked me not to file any more service tickets on the subject as they wouldn't act on them anyway.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post: