View Single Post
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Question,
Where does Headset Button Enabler package grab the wired headset signal so it can be sent to dbus? I imagine the bluetooth answer button sends to the same process.

This for the N810 seems obsolete for the N900/Maemo5 but I could be wrong. http://talk.maemo.org/archive/index.php/t-21182.html Still waiting for my N900 so I cant check.

signal sender=:1.0 -> dest=(null destination) path=/com/nokia/osso_hp_ls_controller; interface=com.nokia.osso_hp_ls_controller.headset; member=button_pressed
signal sender=:1.0 -> dest=(null destination) path=/com/nokia/osso_hp_ls_controller; interface=com.nokia.osso_hp_ls_controller.headset; member=button_released
I think that "Headset button enabler" package only changes policies in post-install scripts, it doesn't actually emit any dbus messages. It's "headset control" (for mediaplayer) that has executable "headset-controld" which checks for button press and emits dbus signal. On N900 with only "headset button enabler" package installed, i don't see any messages in dbus when pressing headset button. Only when "headset control" is installed and "headset-controld" is running. So we would need a change in "headset control" package, otherwise there will be conflicts with any other package trying to read button press on headset (e.g. saera will start to listen and, at the same time media player will start to play music).

Thanks for your help And sorry for delays, I'm a busy man lately...