View Single Post
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Before I take this to Brainstorm I'd like to do a pre-storming session here (hopefully with some input from Nokia since I know they're working on stuff in this department).

Currently in Fremantle the interfaces for personalization are rather limited, much like they were in previous Maemo releases. This would be fine, but things are happening in Maemo 5 that make advanced personalization features a requirement.

Maemo is finally coming into its own as an N-series operating system. The N900 will be Nokia's new flagship device (even if they wont admit it ) and there's going to be a major influx both of new users and new artists. These artists are going to bring personalization content (themes, backgrounds, sounds, etc.) that's quickly going to overwhelm the existing personalization interfaces.

So, I'd like do a little pre-storming session here to think about some of the ways we might improve the personalization system in Maemo to help users discover, organize and user personalization content.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post: