View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Re libosmscout: I decided to maintain only the backends which I think are the best and which I am using personally. I believe that, without personal usage, I cannot monitor nor fix the issues occurring with the backends.

In december 2017, I asked for help in maintaining libosmscout in the corresponding developer list and most probably notified here as well. So far, nobody has stepped up and worked on upgrading the backend interface to the newer versions of libosmscout.
For the record, In my efforts (at the moment rather slow due to summer) to package OSM Scout Server to Fedora I plan to skip the libosmscout based backend, at least for the first packaging round.

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Re name OSM Scout Server: yes, its long. And there are historical reasons for that. However, rebranding is significant work and there should be initiative / reason for it (github and transifex repo, pointers at openrepos, docs, aggregation lists and such would have to be changed). And this work will have to be done instead of the development.
I agree, while we got into an interesting situation by simple historic development, it's not really causing any actual issues AFAIK that would warrant a complicated rebranding exercise.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: