Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5] Neovim on n900
View Single Post
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
From your github:Actually, the armel stretch package formally only depends on libc6 >= 2.4 [1], so at least that shouldn't be a problem when just installing the Stretch package on Maemo with libc6 2.5.1.
Of course there might be actual binary dependencies in neovim that require a higher libc6 version, but if that's the case, you should file a bug report against the Debian package, asking for corrected dependencies.

btw, I don't know neovim, but the N900 is my only device where I prefer nano over vim because I find it hard to hit vi shortcuts without breaking my fingers.
Does this work any better with neovim?

[1] https://packages.debian.org/stretch/neovim
Thanks for the correction, you are right of course.
The "needed" version of libtermkey1 and libuv1 depends on libc6 >= 2.7 and neovim depends on libuv1. I shall correct that on github as well.

Hmm... About shortcuts... I do not know nano the way I know (neo)vim - I find the latter(s) more suitable for my usecase; I do not find hard the shortcuts. I used to vim/neovim so I do not know the answer... And you can map shortcuts as well...

Last edited by justmemory; 2018-02-14 at 08:28. Reason: Correcting libc6 dependency information

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post: