View Single Post
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
I have an N810. My N900 will arrive tomorrow (25-Nov-09).

Can someone who already has the N900 comment further on its GPS, mapping and navigation features? I'm specifically interested in free solutions. I do not intend to purchase an expensive 3rd party subscription.

Examples of things I would like to receive feedback about:

How much better is GPS, mapping and navigation than the N810?

How fast does the N900 get a GPS lock under various conditions?

Will it acquire a lock without a data connection?

How does the overall solution compare to Verizon's Droid with Google's turn-by-turn navigation?

How does the overall GPS solution compare to a dedicated GPS device such as a Garmin nuvi 600- or 700-series device? (I have never used one of those.)

Any other experiences from N900 users regarding GPS? Please share!

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

Last edited by MountainX; 2009-11-25 at 02:31. Reason: typo