View Single Post
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Munich, Germany
I can't get the OBD tracing to work, so I'm working my way through the source code of 0.31a. Could you please tell me whether I'm on the right track?

Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
Yes. It will show a dot in the UL for GPS, the LL for OBD.
Strange, I see just the LL white dot, but not the UL. According to mgsetuplib.py, the UL pixels should be white when the gpsfd is open, and the LL should be white when the obdfd is open.

I see GPS data (which MaemoMapper can use) and the dots for the sattelites (and the green circle), but never the UL white dot.

Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
Harley must be off since that is for the non-OBD2 datastream of harley motorcycles.
I will check my configuration again, but selecting / deselecting the "On" button next to the "OBD" button (in the first line of the "Advanced" tab) doesn't seem to make a difference.

The bluetooth icon shows that my N810 is connected to the ELM adapter, but I can't see anything that looks like OBD in the KML file.

If I read the function calcobd() in harley.c correctly, I should at least see $PDERR or $PDMSG in my KML if this function is ever called, right?

Regards,
Hakan