View Single Post
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
As suggested by Milhouse, started a new thread.

A brief summary about what happened.

My N800 was happily running 2.2007.50-2 4G/4G int memory boot. I decided to clone the 2008Os to have MMC boot, following this instructions, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=8631.
I have used the above methods more than a dozen times and worked very well, from 2006 to 2007, reflash mulitple time when needed. This time, I was having problem with partition, upon end of partition, it flagged an error statement that "command re-reading partition failed, reboot before using mkdosfs....". This happened for both my 8G SDHC and 2G SD. Anyhow, I rebooted the N800 and finished with the 2G and it worked, it booted from the 2G SD.

Now I repeated the procedure on the 8G, it failed to clone. Apparantly, all the format DOS and Debian worked, as checked with control panel/file manager and cat /proc/partitions. It is the cloning process failed. It cloned for the first few minutes, then abort because of "file not there, cannot open file/ directory...." ended with input/output error.

Answers to the questions:

1) Yes, the .nupgrade.sh and TAR are in /home/user/bin. But the chmod command flagged with "operation not permitted"

2) Yes, I am root when running nupgrade.sh

3) I think you got me here, can remember exactly, but I think I was dl as root and now trying to chmod the file as 'user', I will try one more time....

4) Yup, I remember I should not have to dl and chmod everytime, since my 2 G clone is fine, I should be able to skip this step. well, I will try one more time now...

thanks

bun