View Single Post
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by jpnurmi View Post
Oh and the addition of vibration upon nick highlight introduced a yet another dependency: libqt4-dbus.
As soon as I get a chance I will create a new package. Is there a need to update libircclient-qt as well?

Where is your repo, btw? I can't see any fork on bitbucket at least. I'm more than willing to merge back good N900 usability improvements!
I did not create any repository (and also haven't changed any code). You can get the code directly from the repository:
Code:
apt-get source communi
If you want I can point out the files I added.

Some features that have been already implemented:
That is great! It seems that I won't have any reason to create my "hack" version

And commenting the rest..

* save last channels between sessions I'm still looking for a decent way to implement this...
Not sure I see the need for anything more than just a QStringList with channel names associate to each connection.

would like some easy way to track what I have already read Not sure if I fully understand. Do you mean some kind of line indicator what was already seen when the channel/query was last active?
I am very new to IRC so I may not use it the best way: I leave it open, try to get some work done and from time to time go back to it to check what is going on. There is no way for me to know what I have read already...

One idea would be to just draw a horizontal line when the window/tab looses focus so when I come back to the channel I just need to go back to the last horizontal line and start reading from there.... Probably would also make sense to disable the autoscroll when the tab doesn't have the focus. Just ideas...

Thanks again for your efforts on packaging Communi & LibIrcClient-Qt! I'm looking forward adapting the packages sometime in the near future. Heh, and all kind of improvement ideas are by all means very welcome! I have already been implementing a few of them... So big thanks to everyone for your valuable comments! ;-)
I don't mind packaging it for you but would feel better if you got all the credit. Also, you will know better when to update the packages. At this point all that you need is to have an account to upload packages to extras-devel. I can let you know of all that I have to do get the packages ready for the autobuilder.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases