View Single Post
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted by DrWilken View Post
It's missing a dependency:
libqt4-script
Oh and the addition of vibration upon nick highlight introduced a yet another dependency: libqt4-dbus.

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
I am planning to create a separate project so I can try different things and leave the original code available on the communi project.
Where is your repo, btw? I can't see any fork on bitbucket at least. I'm more than willing to merge back good N900 usability improvements!

Some features that have been already implemented:
  • remove tabs on the left side I have added a menu settings to show/hide network tabs.
  • maybe remove top tabs (not sure about this one... ) I have added a menu settings to show/hide channel tabs.
  • remove the time stamp (setting) I have added a general setting to enable/disable time stamps.
  • some kind of wake up warning when some one ping you or send a message to you directly Vibra was added, indeed.
  • clear current view I have fixed the /clear command.
And commenting the rest...
  • save last channels between sessions I'm still looking for a decent way to implement this...
  • make the "connect" part of home become a dialog I like the idea but haven't worked on this yet.
  • create a window to list the contacts currently online on the channel I like the idea but haven't worked on this yet.
  • would like some easy way to track what I have already read Not sure if I fully understand. Do you mean some kind of line indicator what was already seen when the channel/query was last active?
  • button to allow you to select "command" I'm already working on this.
  • list of channels on the server I like the idea but haven't worked on this yet.
jpnurmi:
Glad to see you here!

Again, please feel free to let me know if you decide to take on packaging YOUR application yourself. I am just trying to help. It should be quite simple to publish a new package now. If you decide that you don't want to, just send me an e-mail anytime you feel is worth to "publish" a new version of communi for the n900.

I noticed that you have seem my post if some ideas for communi. Please feel free to comment on them and be assured that by no means I am suggesting/implying I know or can do better than you. Even more important I will be very glad if you decide to do anything with them. I have more than enough on my plate...
Thanks again for your efforts on packaging Communi & LibIrcClient-Qt! I'm looking forward adapting the packages sometime in the near future. Heh, and all kind of improvement ideas are by all means very welcome! I have already been implementing a few of them... So big thanks to everyone for your valuable comments! ;-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jpnurmi For This Useful Post: