Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Xeno_PL View Post
Hi guys/gals,

First I'd like to thank rinigus for his awesome apps.

Here's my few notes/obserwations about pure maps.

Addres searching issues:

1) Could results be sorted via reveleance? (inherited from WhoGoMaps):
ie if I search for 6, Antoniewska, Lodz

it finds
6, Antoniewska, Zgierz
6A, Antoniewska, Zgierz
6, Antoniewska, Lodz
6A, Antoniewska, Lodz
6B, Antoniewska, Lodz

Both Zgierz and Lodz are in the same area (Lodzkie voivodeship, and actually these two ccities are next to each other) but search string says exactly i'm looking for address in Lodz not in Zgierz so the most accurate results were shown last.
Well, blame the ones who were bright enough to put Lodz, Lodzkie as a region name. There was a similar case in Russia where the name of a city and region was the same. Spice it up with maybe the most common street name as well, and all became rather fuzzy.

In your case, they both match since Zgierz is within Lodzkie which is matching Lodz via substring match. What you can try to do, is to search for

6, Antoniewska, Lodz, Lodzkie

Let me know if it helped. [BTW, if you use libpostal, you should be able to
search for "Antoniewska 6 Lodz, Lodzkie"]

2) Could navigation starting point/destination search behave like regular address search if there are multiple search results? (inherited from WhoGoMaps):
Now pure maps pick the first results it find (see the issue #1)
Let's say I'm looking for a route to Moscow, it may pick small village about 30Km from Lodz, or Russia capital city. Quite a difference.
Try to search for "Moscow Lodzkie". In my understanding, it should search as regular address already

3) List of types of POI in searching for POIs along the route show just first dozen of POI types (list contained only items on letters A and B). I had to filter the list using search field to find gas station.
This is to avoid crashing phones with too many type suggestions. Start typing "fuel" and you will get it in no time - way faster than scrolling through 1000s of options.

Who must I bribe to bring ability to import gpx tracks? That;s super useful feature to me. I use it almost every of my motorcycle trips.
Me. I have an idea how to implement it, would just need to do that. I have started working on one other issue and it will take a bit of time to figure out how to fix it. After that I can work on GPX, should be rather trivial, if you use OSM Scout.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: