Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Hi guys/gals,

First I'd like to thank rinigus for his awesome apps.

Here's my few notes/obserwations about pure maps.

Addres searching issues:

1) Could results be sorted via reveleance? (inherited from WhoGoMaps):
ie if I search for 6, Antoniewska, Lodz

it finds
6, Antoniewska, Zgierz
6A, Antoniewska, Zgierz
6, Antoniewska, Lodz
6A, Antoniewska, Lodz
6B, Antoniewska, Lodz

Both Zgierz and Lodz are in the same area (Lodzkie voivodeship, and actually these two ccities are next to each other) but search string says exactly i'm looking for address in Lodz not in Zgierz so the most accurate results were shown last.

2) Could navigation starting point/destination search behave like regular address search if there are multiple search results? (inherited from WhoGoMaps):
Now pure maps pick the first results it find (see the issue #1)
Let's say I'm looking for a route to Moscow, it may pick small village about 30Km from Lodz, or Russia capital city. Quite a difference.

3) List of types of POI in searching for POIs along the route show just first dozen of POI types (list contained only items on letters A and B). I had to filter the list using search field to find gas station.

Route finding issues (I have to recheck with PureMaps 1.5 OSM Scout Server 1.12). I'm not really sure they are a PureMaps or OSM ScoutServer issue:

4) Routing in car mode ignores avoid tolls/avoid highway settings. No matter what options I choose it wants me to drive on highways. I did ew attepmts in Poland, one in Romania, it always sticked to to higher class of roads. Issue inherited from WhoGo maps.

5) Routing in motorcycle/motor scooter/bicycle mode fails to find any route.

Who must I bribe to bring ability to import gpx tracks? That;s super useful feature to me. I use it almost every of my motorcycle trips.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Xeno_PL For This Useful Post: