View Single Post
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by NX500 View Post
Same here. If I’d want a working Linux device I’d rather get sth Else than a switch.
I think you are missing the point here. Nobody is saying to go out and buy a games console for the sole purpose of running Linux. Of course there are plenty of other devices better suited to that.

The Switch is a portable console. Why should I carry an additional Linux device around with me if the Switch is perfectly capable of running Linux?

Personally I'm sick and tired of modern console gaming. I'm fed up with console manufacturers telling us what we can and can't do with the devices we've purchased. Since consoles have gone online, things have turned to sh¡t. Now you have to agree to an EULA to use the console you've already purchased and if you don't agree to it, you get a crippled experience. Every few weeks you are forced to download and install a multi gigabyte patch before you can resume playing the game you already purchased and started playing through. It's bullsh¡t.

So if I decide to buy a Switch, it will be for games, but you can be damn well sure I'm going to install Linux on it and hack away till my heart's content. I will be the owner of what I purchase, not Nintendo.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2018-04-29 at 00:06.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post: