Thread: [SailfishOS] WhoGo Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
- as mentioned by klingerware, approaching an intersection I was given an instruction to "turn left in 1000 miles"
I filed an issue now. I took a quick look earlier, but didn't find where the problem originates from.

- My destination was on a road parallel to the main road. As I drove past, it skipped the final turns and jumped straight to "you have arrived at your destination."
That's a known issue and hard to avoid.

Additionally, I note that you are using maneuver nodes to determine when a turn is reached. I originally used this in Saera, however by itself it can lead to missed instructions if the gps cuts out as you pass a node. I switched to nodes + checking which segment is the closest, so that new directions can be given as soon as possible when you make a turn.
Yes and no. The instructions are associated with maneuver points, but the system mainly works by comparing the GPS position with the route polyline segments, finding the closest segment and then the next maneuver node following that segment. Additionally, there are some tweaks to account for positioning inaccuracy etc.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post: