View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I have the unpopular opinion that the Neo900 is not a device I'd ever put any money, time nor hope into.

No device that's started from these forums has made it out yet despite years of hype or at a price that made sense. I'm quite aware that the Pyra didn't start at TMO/ITT. But Neo900 and that aluminum case that'll never get delivered both started here years ago; neither delivered to the masses yet...

Funny thing, I'd actually see myself using the Pyra more for emulation of older games more than anything else.

But that's me... and that's my largely unpopular (and unrequested) opinion.
I'm not sure what's happening with Estel. There were prototypes, long time ago, but news haven't been heard for a long time. Maybe, CNC milling machine broke down, or something...

Neo900 is active, and publishing news, and they will have proto_v2 soon. They will succeed (or I believe so), despite PayPal's attempts to slow them down.

Pyra is also moving, and they do not have troubles with PayPal. They are selling prototypes already, and will also succeed (that's not the first time for them, unlike Neo900).

I am not into computer games (except chess, and occasionally mahjong), so I see Pyra more like a small laptop, but that's just my opinion.

Best wishes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: