View Single Post
The initial reason was to try to offload some of the maintainence of the packages by relying on the work done for Mer/Sailfish. Same reason for trying to use as many stock Debian packages as possible. This is the same reason why some of the translations have been changed. Why track and translate common statements such as Done, Okay, Cancel etc when they are already available in GTK? This is still a WIP so some are done some aren't

The second reason is binary blobs.

As stated earlier, using CSSU MCE would at the moment rely on a binary package for libdevlock (we have headers in CSSU) or we would have to reverse engineer it. Unfortunately I don't know how to do that. I do want to be able to support the CSSU version but I don't want to rely on blobs.

The same is true for osso-systemui. CSSU has packages for the different modules such as osso-systemui-modechange and osso-systemui-modechange-dev at the moment. Although they should all build ok, the modules depend on osso-systemui.

Finally I need to see what the state of libconic0 is.

There is one commit that was purely about getting hildon-desktop to build using Mer userland. All it does, with the exception of the first changed line is comment out or mess with the #defines to remove some of the code. When I get round to it I need to add a configure option for using Mer userland (it will default to Maemo) and then rework the code in the commit so as to support both.

The commit in question is this one. Ignore the stupid #define names, I was probably having a bad/frustrated day.
https://github.com/android-808/hildo...81ea578b43ab13

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: