View Single Post
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Well, I for one second Wikiwide's willingness to contribute money to get one (or more) of you an N900. Personally, I'd rather see people reversing N900 components so that we can get a purely-libre build of Maemo 5 someday, while this iOS stuff project interests me only as a very low priority, BUT, I think there's a LOT of merit in principle in such a project succeeding.
I appreciate the generosity and I may take you guys up on that offer. I once had an N900, but sadly it gave up the ghost this past summer (LCD cable was failing and then an internal failure happened on the PCB that rendered it a brick). Keep in mind however that if you guys do send me one, it will likely be a bit of time before I get enough free time to do anything with it pertaining to this project or to maemo. This semester is a fairly critical one and I need time to focus on my studies.

I'll also add that if anyone is interested in participating in this project the help would be greatly appreciated. Despite winocm appointing me and a few others to maintain this project, I've pretty much been the only person doing any work on this project since September of last year (and I'm not giving up! ). The next major endeavor that will need to be taken will be to arrange the source code for userspace components in such a way that those components can be built with Make (instead of Xcode). If I can get extra help we should be able to get this done within a reasonable amount of time, however if I end up doing this alone it will likely take a good chunk of next summer to complete.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post: