View Single Post
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Quick question...

Hmm... I would gladly get you one (not my own, though ;-) ). Maybe, this one?

Any news? I have read Milestone One; and I see GitHub is alive.

Would you consider using GNUstep as GUI, with time?

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...
Unfortunately winocm has had to shift her focus away from this project to work on other things (apple internship, school, misc. research) and she has put me and a few others in charge to maintain the project.

So far since that last milestone update a few things have changed. The most notable changes include proper support for UNIX signals (using signal trampoline) and improved thread handling (support for more thread states, ect). I'm planning to eventually fix kxld so kernel extensions will be able to be dynamically loaded so we won't need to muck around with building kernelcaches. Unfortunately because of school I won't be able to investigate this anytime soon. Perhaps if I don't have too much work over spring break I can try to get that hammered out.

Btw, updated information on building a bootable image can be found here. (warning: this wiki is a work-in-progress and is incomplete - I'm still investigating a more organized way of compiling device trees).

Once we've overcome the problem with kernel extensions, eliminate some remaining deadlock problems, and perhaps investigate ways to make pmap a little more optimized, then we can worry about a GUI.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Last edited by b-man; 2015-01-19 at 04:54.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post: