View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
With the launch in India I was thinking of ordering one and getting it shipped via my relatives to Singapore but the massive gaps in the OS and numerous build quality issues have put me off and have decided to keep my S4 as daily driver instead.
Well, you'll have to experience it to properly appreciate it, I think
Have you ever tried the Jolla device, held it in your hand, or are you concerned based on other people's evaluations?

When the device first came out, I have to say I was not so happy with the features, but after 8 cycles of SW updates it is totally different beast now. And still, I hear from people who have heard about it but not used it that "it's the device that has not got even landscape mode in the browser"

There might be something in the build quality issues, it feels the quality of devices can vary a lot; For example my device has had none of those problems many people have complained about, and I am not the only one. There are lots of people here who have no need for funny battery tricks or whatever on their devices.

This is where I feel Jolla has failed till date; other than the pure GNU/Linux strength it has so many basic flaws that even a fan like me rather waits it out...
No flaws here, sir

The mobile world is much more difficult and different now then when the N9 launched so expectations and functions are much higher/different. So to be worse than the n9 in basics is certainly not encouraging.
Well, My N9's been there on the shelf since last November when I got my Jolla. It's still powered on, of course, and hanging off my WLAN so I can ssh into it to do some hacks now and then, but you can hardly call it a mobile device now. It's just another linux box at my home now.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: