View Single Post
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
@ justmemory I will give up python is to complicated for me
Me too...

Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
So here are my hints:
  • check file size from downloaded data sometimes 0kb weatherdata (also some timing problem?)
  • maybe after moving files do a chmod (file permissions changes)
  • check timing download, refresh and parsing
  • check your py script with internet, without internet and switching on internet (I had something like line 167 unknown sleep...but could be my mistake)
  • when modifing the py file restart hildon-home and maybe desktop dont know

Code:
dsmetool -k /usr/bin/hildon-home
dsmetool -t /usr/bin/hildon-home
killall hildon-desktop
And now the most important and valueable advice try to avoid python
Good luck in finishing this, I really would like to see it properly running.
So many thanks for trying this! I think you were on the right path as I noticed that there is something going wrong around disconnect and connect again to wireless network; even if the script refreshes the weather data is fails to be shown (only a black box) and I have to kill hildon-home and save /usr/share/applications/hildon-home/my_widget.desktop file to get it to work again...
I checked the permissions as well; timing should be OK and everything else should be fine too as the widget works just fine when it is running from terminal as a simple python app. I just cannot figure out why.

Soooo... my solution (???) was that I wrote an init.d script and started the python script as a service/daemon. This way it is working as espected and no need for terminal... I do not know whether it is a good solution but it is working for now...

So many thanks to everyone...

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post: