View Single Post
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sweden
This application has been around for some time, but I thought I would start a thread here for a general discussion around Squeezster.

What is Squeezster?
It is a Squeezebox remote control for the Nokia N900, N9 and Symbian (Anna & Belle). It connects to the Squeezebox server over the network.
Squeezster is developed in C++ using the QT framework. The GUI for N9 & Symbian is written in QML.

What do I need to use Squeezster?
You need a Nokia phone (N900, N9 or a Symbian phone with Anna or Belle), a Squeezebox server running somewhere and an Internet connection. The N900 version requires a local server, while the N9 & Symbian version also supports www.mysqueezebox.com.

What can Squeezster do?
- It controls (multiple) Squeezebox players connected to a common server. Play, stop, power volume etc.
- It presents the current playlist, song, album, artist and cover art.
- It supports playing music from your local music library, internet radios and streaming services (although only Spotify has been tested by me).
- It supports creation of playlists.

What can't Squeezster do?
- Moving players between different Squeezebox servers.
- Creating sync groups of multiple players (has to be setup by e.g. the web interface)
- and a lot more

Where can I get Squeezster?
It is available from the Extras-testing repository (N900) or Ovi Store (N9 & Symbian).

What's next?
The N900 version is undergoing an update. It will receive the same server communication engine as the N9 & Symbian version. This will enable support for www.mysqueezebox.com etc.
The N9 version will be updated with regards to the larger PR1.2 line spacing.

Screenshots and more are available at http://squeezster.garage.maemo.org

Last edited by pakarlss; 2012-02-28 at 17:52.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pakarlss For This Useful Post: