View Single Post
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ United Kingdom
I've only just moved my N810 from Chinook to Diablo. The PC based software update wizard automatically offered the latest firmware, which seems to have the latest SSU already as part of the image. As such, I started in essence with a clean tablet running Diablo and the latest SSU.

I then tried to install sliderotate, which failed; the Application Manager would not install it due to "Problems" with the packages, a few missing packages (the xserver package was missing, the kernel flasher seemed to have a name mismatch), but it also complained about osso version issues (I can't remember the exact error).

So, I tried to follow the wiki page and install all the tools manually. Everything was fine until I hit the install of the libxandr, at which point, again, Application Manager listed the following in the "Problems" section: Incompatible Application Version.

It seems something has changed with the latest SSU preventing either solution installing...

I know that people have been told once the latest SSU is installed to re apply the kernel change, but I wonder if something a little more fundamental has changed somewhere preventing the installs happening.

I've spoken to at least one other person suffering the same problem of not being able to install the rotation support, and again, he already has the latest SSU installed first.

Any help / pointers / ideas?