View Single Post
Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
I have always been perplexed by Nokia’s intentions with the IT. It is as if simply by calling it an Internet Tablet, supplying it with a browser and email and little else that it will act as a ‘golden arches’ to which consumers will flock.

Personally, I think Nokia’s big mistake was in assuming that internet access is so special that simply to have it was the be all and end all. Echoed on here by the ITT Forum mantra “Its an internet tablet, stupid.” To be thrown at anyone who has the temerity to question why the options to do so much more are not available.

Certainly Nokia have made little effort to develop the N800’s capability. From what I can gather, sales to date have been minimal and with the arrival of the iPod Touch, they can say goodbye to future sales too.

I wonder where this leaves development of the fabled N900? In the light of the competition will Nokia simply call it a day, with their experiment in this form factor having failed? On the other hand if they can rise to the challenge then we will have something very special to look forward to. Why am I not optimistic.