View Single Post
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Seems a few people don't have a memory as long as they believe they had and now they try to construct something in the past that never happened that way.
There's even a pseudo-academic term for it - "Mandela effect"

Either way, I just got a strange idea about "step 2" (much too soon to talk about it, but...) - take the Pyra, remove all the gaming controls crap above the keyboard, and mount the screen as a slider, not as a clamshell (so more like N900 than old Motorla Razr), add mic and speaker for calling and voila - you have a very fat Galaxy Note, but with linux on it, and much more powerful When I get my Pyra, I might buy another one and profane it trying to play with 3d printer and my poor electronic skills... Might still be easier than Neo900 project though, as electronic mods to Pyra are minimal (the mainboard doesn't even need to be modified, only the controls ripped off, and mic+speaker added somehow), mainly mechanical ones I'm hyped with 3d printing since I got my reprap i3 pro, forgive me slight off-topic, I felt the need to share this idea with someone

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post: