View Single Post
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
I spoke with Chen and there is a national holiday in China until October 8th. So we should see some update after October 8th.
Ka9yhd,

You previously wrote that you talked to Chen, so I assume you have his phone number. Would it be possible for you to try to contact him and get his view on what is going on with the Youyota tablet? (I can see he has not answered the last few questions raised here in Maemo)

I'm one of the backers. I'm asking because I find the information given by Michael on IGG insufficient, vague and often inconsistent:

1) Money:
The initial target was $50,000.
Before the deadline more than $150,000 was raised, and since then more has been paid in, so I guess well over 4 times the minimum target. And still we are hearing that it is much to low quantities. How could it then ever have been imagined to realize the project with $50,000??

2) Information and timing:
Before the deadline in July it was clear that more than 3 times the minimum was paid in.
August 15th, we were informed that the money was released from IGG, and quote: "The components are on the way and we will be delivered shortly".
September 22nd, we were told that only in the beginning of September the suppliers were contacted to order 1000 units, witch was not enough. So what happened to the components that was already on the way on the way August 15th?
September 22nd we were told that now 3000 units would be ordered.
December 7th we are told that there is a problem with the price for memory, so apparently this has not even been ordered yet – what has happened all these months from August 15th where "components were on the way" and again September 22nd were "components for 3000 units would be ordered".

I fully understand that there can be problems and delays in a project like this. In fact I would be surprised if there were not, so this is not the issue. But that is no excuse for given little/no, vague and inconsistent information.

If you can - please help and ask Chen if he can provide some facts on the status of this project.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to zeus For This Useful Post: