View Single Post
I have drawn the first pictures of the "Cameraphone + Qwerty combination" which makes camera grips obsolete. First I was going to publish them here. But because they contain several unpublished details which I do not want to be copied by the manufacturers of cameraphones and their accessories, I do not publish the pictures. Those companies might be quicker in copying some details than Jolla Ltd, for example.

Although the drawings describe an integrated device which comprises a cameraphone, sliding Qwerty keyboard and several add-ons for photographing, they are partly applicable also to a "Landscape Sliding Keyboard Half" for Jolla. Additional drawings will be available for that "other half".

People who want to participate or otherwise support the implementation of this idea, please contact me with a personal message. In your message, please describe what kind of skills you have, or in what way you can support the implementationt. Nobody with sufficient enthusiasm will be disregarded, but a special plea is addressed to people who possess CAD-skills or have experience with the mechanics design of consumer products, or with the switching domes or keymats on keyboards. Perhaps a prototype can be done in parallel with that of the "Building OtherHalf keyboard prototype" thread; http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91535 or as a separate kickstart operation.

Last edited by Egon; 2013-10-10 at 09:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Egon For This Useful Post: