View Single Post
Some functionality came up in the translations, mainly "Sailfish Device Manager" (I thought that would only end up in russian corporate extensions) and VPN related.

Some more or less interesting ones I stumbled upon:

Settings:
  • "User can flash device with fastboot flash tool"
  • "Encrypt user data" (Accepting this will encrypt all user data stored on the device. This is an irreversible change and you will need to enter a lock code on all future boots in order to access your data.<br><br>If you accept the device will reboot automatically and you will be prompted for your lock code before encrypting your data. This may take as long as an hour and your device will not be usable again until the encryption has completed.)
  • "Quick access to Camera" (swipe up in lock screen)
  • "The device has been permanently locked"
  • "Locked by Sailfish Device Manager"
  • Settings -> Networking:
  • "Select SIM card used for dialing calls and sending messages. You can also access the setting in Events shortcut panel."
  • "Identity"
  • "Enabled/Disabled by Sailfish Device Manager"
  • "Networks added by Sailfish Device Manager"
  • "Managed networks"
  • "User networks"
Store:
  • "Other Half installation prevented by Sailfish Device Manager"
  • "Installing applications disabled by the Sailfish Device Manager."

Most likely I've missed some (and I'm not sure all of them are even new), but it's nice to see some things progressing.

What do you folks think about remote administration if it lands in vanilla SFOS? Useful tool for security in corporate environments or just the first in a row of possibly hard-to-track backdoors? (Feeding the trolls a bit, I know.)
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post: