Thread: [Harmattan Maemo6] [Announce] CryptMee for Harmattan
View Single Post
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 405 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Europe
Good morning my friends!

So here it is, CryptMee with OTR support!
It is still BETA with following restrictions:

- Can handle only XMPP-Accounts
- Can bind only one XMPP-Account for OTR usage
- Sometimes it fails creating a secure session
- Sometimes it do not cleanup message tracker (you will see some OTR plain massages)
- It is not able to refresh chat UI automatically, so you have to leave and open a chat again to see decrypted messages
- It does not work properly, if your contact uses more devices (resources) with the same account
- It has a very simple UI for sending encrypted messages
- If you create the private key, its fails for the first time - just repeat it and it should work

It uses two external libraries - newer versions of already existing libs on Harmattan (libgcrypt12 and libgpg-error1) - you will find them in my repo or in the kolab.org repo. So you have to enable one of them (it should be already enabled if you have installed CryptMee from openrepos using Warehouse).

How to install:

1.) Download deb from here: http://chrm.info/software/cryptmee/c....3.1_armel.deb

2.) Go to command shell as devel-su and install it:
# dpkg -i cryptmee_0.3.1_armel.deb

3.) Install missing libraries using:
# apt-get install -f

Enjoy using CryptMee

Thank you for testing and reporting problems. I hope, there are not that much, so I can upload it to OpenRepos next time.

Please, do not report mentioned restrictions as bugs - I don't have a solution for that at this time... Hints are welcome!

I have tested it with Psi+ on Linux and Windows (which works pretty well) and Conversations on Android (which sometimes makes mad things). But all in all it works!

Have a lot of fun!

Last edited by chrm; 2015-10-17 at 07:43.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chrm For This Useful Post: