View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by hardy_magnus View Post
glibc i'm not aware of any of this stuff. we all hate android but we all depend on it (sailfish users) whether you like it or not
Not true; I don't have Android and I don't need it.
Now before you go and jump to point that libhybris uses android drivers, that is completely different thing; drivers are drivers and contain nothing related to the android runtime system.

even sailfish is promoting android (sony x n custom roms)
Yo wot? I have not seen anything promoted like that, can you be more specific?

and android just works whatever you want to do but not sailfish.
I cannot comment on that since I don't need to use android on anything. There are plenty of people who think that one should run some specific OS or environment to accomplish what they want to do; In my opinion this is pretty uninformed behaviour.

it is true that it is just an ad platform but only for those who aren't power users, who don't know about f-droid and rooting. i don't like android but if you want sailfish with good hardware you must buy android.
I don't know about f-droid which probably makes me a non-power-user, then
It is true that most of the high-end mobile hardware comes preinstalled with android but this is pretty much like most high-end computers come preinstalled with Windows or MacOS... it doesn't mean one has to keep the OS the device comes with

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: