View Single Post
-the media player fails to play media files, claims "Media format not supported" or something for perfectly good MP3s
I haven't tried the media player. So I don't know

-as soon as i click on the "Update" in the App Manager, nothing will show up on any of the three sections of it (Uninstall, Download, Update) until i have closed it and re-opened it
I get similar behavior, but all I have to click in a dark area and the update screen goes away. I don't have to re-launch App manager.

-Clicking on any of the apps listed in Download doesn't do anything but (sometimes) change the color of the icon. I can get info with a long-press, but nothing seems to actually install the apps.
I noticed the same behavior; I suspect the code in their must be trying to detect a finger click (i.e. a larger radius) and so it isn't registering as a download click. I used the "details" to get the package name then just used "apt-get install" at the command line.

I don't know how to access a shell; i was going to find an app to do it, but that's obviously not helpful if they won't install.
The "scratchbox" is the device shell. Where you type af-sb-init.sh start to start the maemo interface, just type "apt-get install eightyone" (or whatever package(s) you want). It will show up in the emulator right away without having to restart it. ;-D

Anybody else have these issues?
Yes.

Nathan.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post: