View Single Post
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by veeall View Post
I thought for now there should already be a new version out. Sorry, i like the app, but i keep accidentally flippin' over multiple appwindows at once. Also, home screen is on the list of running apps but lacks nice animation when switched to, this seems halfly done, and while you can get to homescreen by swiping there's no need for it to appear in apps switcher.
There's no new version out. Rate-limiting could be done, but right now I can't distinguish between "user keeps the button pressed" and "user presses the button rapidly". And in the second case, it could be annoying if the user wants to switch between apps quickly.

The "nice animation" is something that's totally dependent on the window manager (mcompositor / swipeplugin), I didn't do anything there.

As far as excluding the home screen view from the application switching goes, this could be implemented (to exclude it from the list), but I thought it was kind of nice to have it in there. I'll think about maybe removing it in a future version - but first, I think I'll have a look at systemui (thanks qwazix for the great idea!). Swiping left/right on the statusbar seems doable, I'd just need to figure out where the input handling for that is (help here is welcome of course).

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post: