Thread: Group MMS
View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
No, this is a device software feature. Android, WP, iOS, BB10, all have the ability. Symbian, Hartmattan, Maemo, and Sailfish have been the only platforms I know of that don't utilize it.
hmm so bear with me as I still don't understand; if it is not a network-based feature then it means that everyone participating sends every message for everyone else?

Say, you've got 10 pals and you send a group MMS to them in the group, and when everyone replies to you they also automagically reply to all others so there is totals an exchange of 100 MMS'es?

Sounds a bit wasteful to me...

So in the end it is just a way of grouping messages in local database?
Is the "group" free-form, like, if you forward a group SMS to somebody, then she'll also get the list of recipients in the group, and when she replies to you (as the 12'th group member), she will also automaticallly send the message to the 10 other pals in the group?
Or do you have to "create" the group from contacts prior to sending a message?

Is this MMS header containing the recipients defined in some 3GPP specification or is is unofficial addition?